The County of Marin only accepts online applications. To obtain a complete listing of our job openings, select from the links below:
- Career Opportunities - List of current jobs open to the public.
- Employee Career Opportunities - List of promotional opportunities available to current regular hire County of Marin employees only.
- Other Career Options - Applications for transfers, voluntary demotions, or other processes. Certain eligibility requirements apply and are specified in each listing.
Once you have established an account in the online application system, your application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening. Applications filed electronically are maintained online and can be accessed by you at any time by logging into your account.
Resumes and other supporting documents can be provided at the time of application. However, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application unless otherwise noted in a job announcement. All application materials submitted to Human Resources become the property of the County and cannot be returned to you.
Tips for Successfully Filing an Application
- Read the job announcement thoroughly before you apply. If you find a job that you are interested in, it is very important that you read the directions on the Job Announcement carefully and follow them exactly, as not all job announcements require the same things from a candidate. Failure to follow instructions may delay your application and could be grounds for your application being rejected.
- All applications must be received by the specific closing date and time indicated on the Job Announcement. "Open and Continuous" recruitments may close at any time after an initial fourteen day filing period, so you will want to apply immediately.
- Give yourself plenty of time. Don’t apply at the last minute. All jobs require you complete the County’s application form and most jobs require a supplemental application that requires responses to essay-type questions.
- Provide complete information. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completing the County application.
- Pay attention to your responses to the supplemental questions. Responses to the supplemental questions will be used in the selection process. Neatness, clarity of expression, grammar, spelling and ability to follow instructions will be considered in evaluating your responses. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of responding to the questions.
- Suggestions for completing your supplemental questions:
- Compose your responses to the questions using MS Word, WordPad or any word processing software, so you can edit with ease.
- Do not use HTML tags and bullets in your responses.
- Use spell check and save a copy of your responses.
- If possible, save your document as a Rich Text file.
- Cut and paste your responses to the appropriate field in the online application.
- Make an impression. The application packet you file will make a lasting impression.
- Confirm your application. Ensure that all information submitted is accurate and complete. Once you have submitted your application, you cannot make changes to it.
- Submit your application. After confirming your application, you will be prompted to submit your application.
- Check your email. You will know your application went through successfully when you receive an email confirmation shortly after submission. Note: If you submitted your application online, all further communication will be through email. Therefore, please be sure that you check your email account in a timely manner. Make sure to also check your spam mail.